Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Argument For Working For A Small Company

Last week I talked to several co-workers about their prospects after college. Nearly all of them plan to work for large national-level firms. Shockingly, none of them mentioned any kind of small business or start-up prospects. I worked for both large and small companies in the last seven years and feel that I am able to speak from a position of authority on this. I won't say that graduates shouldn't work for a large company; both large and small companies have their benefits. Small companies have the benefit of close interaction with managers, close interaction with customers, and more freedom to innovate and control products. I think that every college student should have the experience of working for a small company before graduation. Students owe it to themselves to know what they're getting into (or missing out on).

1 comment:

  1. Those are good points... I haven't been taking the size of a company into consideration while looking for jobs after graduation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete